There are more than a dozen auto warranty companies on the market today. Finding the right company can be a challenge, especially if you don’t know where to start. Fortunately, this article has all the information you need to make the right decision.
Below is a list of the best extended car warranty companies for 2022. But first, here’s a list of features and functions to look for in an auto warranty company.
What should you pay attention to with a car warranty provider?
The best extended car warranty companies should have the following:
- High customer ratings – Customer reviews give you a glimpse into how a company treats its customers. Check Google, Trustpilot and the BBB for reviews and ratings of the provider you are aiming for.
- Strong reputation – In addition to high customer ratings, you also want a provider with a good track record of successful transactions. View which companies purchase services from this provider. For example, CARCHEX is endorsed by several leading companies such as DMV.org, AMAC, Carfax and SiriusXM, among many others.
- Long company history – The best providers have services that can stand the test of time. Only work with companies that have been in the industry for at least five to 10 years. This ensures that a company has extensive experience with common automotive warranty issues and can reliably provide solutions to customers.
- Affordable/flexible services – Different car owners have different needs and preferences. The best auto warranty providers have affordable and flexible auto warranty solutions to meet customer needs.
Best extended car warranty providers
The following companies are the best in the industry based on the considerations outlined above. Check out each profile and see if any of them work for you.
No. 1 – CARCHEX
CARCHEX is available in 50 states and has a high mileage limit of 250,000 miles. It is one of the longest-established car protection companies in the industry. It has received multiple awards over the years, including:
- Top Employers in Baltimore
- Silver winner of the Golden Bridge Awards 2017
- Honored eight times for the Inc.’s Fastest Growing Corporate Award 5000
The company has an A+ rating on the BBB. In addition, they have a long history of satisfied customers who are willing to vouch for their services and products.
The cost for a warranty from CARCHEX ranges from $100 to $160 per month. This number may vary slightly depending on the plan you choose.
CARCHEX subscriptions are customizable so you can add and remove services as you see fit. In addition to protection, you also get roadside assistance, rental car compensation and travel interruption.
No. 2 – CarShield
If you are looking for an affordable extended car warranty provider, CarShield is a good option to consider. They offer services in almost every state except California. In addition, they have a mileage limit of 300,000 miles.
The cost of getting CarShield services ranges from $89 to $130 per month — a better deal than other offerings on the market.
In addition to affordability, policyholders can also enjoy emergency roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement and travel stoppages from CarShield.
No. 3 – Protect my car
Protect My Car has slightly more restrictions than the two companies mentioned earlier. They offer services in almost every state except the following:
Their extended car warranty has a slightly lower mileage limit (125,000 miles) than most providers. At $58 to $79 a month, though, it seems like a relatively good deal.
No. 4 – Olive
Olive is possibly the most accessible option on this list. The application process is purely online. Moreover, you do not have to wait long, as with most providers on the market.
For just $64 a month, you can get a mileage limit of 185,000 miles, maintenance coverage, repair coverage, and much more.
You can cancel and resume your subscription to the services at any time. This is great for those who want to pay for services only when they need them.
No. 5 – AA Automatic Protection
AA Auto Protection has been around for more than 32 years. They are not the most popular provider, but they do offer quality services at an affordable $100 per month.
This gives you roadside assistance and rental car compensation. You will also receive other benefits such as maintenance coverage, repair coverage and more.
Finding a reliable auto warranty provider can be tricky, especially with so many flooding the market. The secret is to know exactly what to look for in a company.
In addition to reputation and experience, you should also look for a company that offers affordable rates. The providers on this list should meet all of these criteria — and more.