San Antonio, never stop acting weird.
The CurrentAmong the most-read news stories of the week were reports on the usual political affairs, including Texas’ increasingly tight-knit gubernatorial race and revelations from the Jan. 6 committee.
However, the story that brought in the most traffic involved a public argument between a local car wash owner with some people he accused of breaking into his business. Rather than immediately press charges, he instead shared TikTok videos showing the suspects and asked them to make amends.
The owner has since had to apologize after his video led some locals to falsely accuse a local dancer of the crime.
“If you like dancing in the bar and your name is a month, we’ve got you,” the business owner said in a clip that seems perfect fodder for late-night monologues — if the story ever takes place outside of San Antonio spreads.
And speaking of spreading, monkeypox finally arrived in the Alamo City. We knew it would eventually happen, right?
10. Beto O’Rourke approaches Abbott’s lead in Texas governor’s race, according to new poll
9. Elderly San Antonio man shoots woman, self in apparent murder suicide at local hospital
8. Two Indicted Former San Antonio Police Officers Suspended Indefinitely
7. San Antonio Trump ally Parscale blamed the January 6 death on former boss, said he asked for ‘civil war’
6. Winner of San Antonio Pets Alive! Pet photo contest will be featured on the Alamo Beer Co . can
5. First two cases of monkey pox identified in the San Antonio area
4. Texas residents were told to cut electricity consumption or face potential power outages on Monday
3. Edwards Aquifer Authority warns residents that phase 4 water restrictions are likely in August
2. Beto O’Rourke pledges to connect Texas power grid to the rest of the country during San Antonio campaign shutdown
1. San Antonio car wash owner offering $5 washes to thank the public for identifying alleged thieves
Keep up to date with San Antonio news and opinions. Sign up for our weekly Headlines newsletter.