Hyundai Palisade and Santa Cruz Win Top JD Power 2022 US APEAL Awards
- Hyundai IONIQ 5 finishes second in the compact SUV segment
- Hyundai Sonata finishes second in the mid-sized car segment
- Hyundai Tucson finishes third in the compact SUV segment
- Hyundai Accent finishes third in the small car segment
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California, July 21, 2022 – JD Power has today the Hyundai Palisade and Santa Cruz as the most compelling vehicles in their segment in the 2022 US Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) StudySM. The Palisade took the top spot in the Upper Midsize SUV segment, while the Santa Cruz took first place in the Midsize Pickup segment. Other vehicles in Hyundai’s lineup performed well, with IONIQ 5 and Sonata both finished second in their respective segments, while Tucson and accent were third.
John Shon, senior group manager, product planning, Hyundai Motor North America accepts the JD Power APEAL trophies for the Hyundai Palisade and Santa Cruz from Robert Mansfield, senior director, global automotive, JD Power in Fountain Valley, California, July 20, 2022 (Photo/Hyundai)
“We are thrilled to have Santa Cruz and Palisade recognized in this year’s JD Power APEAL study,” said Olabisi Boyle, vice president of product planning and mobility strategy, Hyundai Motor North America. “The Palisade and Santa Cruz both have a presence on the road, a luxurious interior, human-centric technology and advanced Hyundai SmartSense safety features. This recognition is the result of our organization-wide commitment to deliver vehicles that exceed our customers’ expectations.”
- The US 2022 APEAL study, now in its 27e year, is based on responses from 84,165 new 2022 model year new vehicle buyers and renters surveyed early in the ownership period.
- In the study, vehicle owners are asked to consider 37 characteristics 90 days after purchasing the vehicle, ranging from the power they feel when they press the accelerator pedal to the feeling of comfort when they climb into the driver’s seat. JD Power then collects the answers to generate an overall APEAL score on a 1000-point scale.
- The survey took place from February to May 2022.
About JD Power
JD Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services, and data and analytics. A pioneer in using big data, artificial intelligence (AI), and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, JD Power has been delivering bold industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world’s leading companies in key industries rely on JD Power to guide their customer-centric strategies.
JD Power has offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information about the company’s business offerings, visit JDPower.com/business. The JD Power auto shopping tool can be found at JDPower.com.
Hyundai Motor America
Hyundai Motor America focuses on ‘Progress for Humanity’ and smart mobility solutions. Hyundai offers American consumers a technologically rich offering of cars, SUVs and electric vehicles. Our 820 dealers sold more than 738,000 vehicles in the U.S. in 2021, nearly half of which were built at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. For more information visit www.HyundaiNews.com.