Chris Douglas starts second at the Lyndon Moss Memorial. (Jeff Taylor photo)
AMARILLO, Texas – After the dust settled during 10 exciting heat races, the top 12 points have qualified for tomorrow night’s $10,000 Lyndon Moss Memorial at Route 66 Motor Speedway.
A total of 37 cars showed up to compete in the race with the country’s biggest 305ci sprint winner.
Based on two heat races and passing points, 15-year-old Braxton Wilson of Lubbock, Texas, was impressive with a heat win from fourth and sixth to third in his second heat, earning pole for tomorrow night. .
Joining Wilson on the front row will be hometown favorite Chris Douglas, after Douglas won his heat from pole and moved into second in sixth in his second heat race.
Here’s the top 12 for tomorrow:
1. Braxton Wilson 14x, Lubbock, TX
2. Chris Douglas, 56, Amarillo, TX
3. Zach Blurton, 2J, Quinter, KS
4. Brekton Crouch, 2, Lubbock, TX
5. Jett Hays, 83, Fort Worth, TX
6. John Carney II, 74B, Amarillo, TX
7. Scott Bogucki, 62, Mclaren Vale, South Australia
8. Justin Zimmerman, 1, Athens, Texas
9. Danny Wood, 55W, Norman, OK
10. Colby Stubblefield, 2X, Seagoville, Texas
11. Joe Wood Jr. 03, Newcastle, OK
12. Brett Becker, 2B, Odessa, TX